Sunday, August 30, 2009

Compiler Optimizations and Machines


Sun Studio 12u1 running Solaris 10 SPARC

My Ultra 5 has been running Solaris 10 and has been my primary SSH and Web server. I used it to do compiler optimizations for RISC machines and now that a new idea for code optimization has been formulated (see other posts) I am getting ready to try it first on the SPARC IIi.

The list of machines I am using for code optimizations are:

1) Opteron 242 running Gentoo Linux,
2) SPARC IIi Ultra 5 Solaris 10
3) Intel Pentium M Centrino running Fedora Core 10 (Laptop)
4) PowerPC 970 (2 EMT) in PlayStation 3 running YellowDog Linux 6.2
5) Opteron running Solaris 10 (x86_64) real and virtual
6) MIPS (Emotion Engine PS2) running Linux: deprecated
7) Embedded ARM : deprecated

No comments:

Post a Comment